I know there are many households that either does not have a television or limit the hours a child watches television. Do you find yourself watching television when no one is home? This summer, while I was off work I did a lot of television watching, but that was because I was to stay off my feet. Once I was able to more, I tried to stay away from my bedroom. The television sucked me in, and I would end up laying on the bed while watching show after show.
The key point is Do not Turn the Television On
- Read a Book, Explore a different world in the book.
- Make a batch of cookies from scratch to show your family you love them because you put your love into the batch by making them from scratch.
- Clean out the drawer that is a catch all drawer. I am sure most families have one.
- Search the local calendars on the internet to plan some family-friendly events for the weekend.
- Sort the laundry for the next time you will be doing laundry or start a load of laundry.
- If you are a blogger, brainstorm some new blog post ideas for your editorial calendar.
- Play a board game or a video game with your younger kids to spend some time with them.
- Go to Pinterest and find some new recipes to make, and print those recipes out.
- Go Swagbucks.com and do the Daily Poll, NOSO, and watch a few videos to earn some Swagbucks.
- Take a nap, depending on what time it is.
Remember not having the television on also saves on electricity.